Established in 1926 by Josef Huber in Urloffen (still an independent parish in those days) near Appenweier. The company specialised in the manufacture of welts made from leather for the shoe industry. Production ran until the 2nd World War, when Josef Huber was drafted to the military and had to shut down the business.
Josef Huber started to work again several years after the end of the war. However, there was no leather to buy at the time. He therefore initially manufactured wooden pegs together with a few assistants. Gradually his sons Gerhard and Manfred Huber also became involved.
Production took place in an old annexe. Another annexe was added in about 1953. His son Erich Huber also joined the company around this time, who is now the current managing director.